Welcome to Steel Construction New Zealand Inc. (SCNZ).
Structural steel boasts many inherent features that make it an excellent construction solution:
- It is a resilient material with proven performance in harsh conditions such as earthquakes
- It has the ability to span considerable spaces with slenderness and grace
- It can be shaped to achieve curved forms
- It can be erected quickly to meet tight construction programmes in almost any weather conditions
- It can be easily modified in time to satisfy changing requirements.
Importantly, besides being a structurally versatile and adaptable material, steel invites architectural expression.
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about the many benefits structural steel has to offer when designing commercial building projects. Inside you’ll find a useful compendium of steel design and construction knowledge:
Architecturally exposed steelwork
Design support service
Inspirational case studies
Information about steel construction and steel making
Structural Steel Industry Snapshot
"Christchurch The Steel City - A Blueprint for New Zealand" (film)
So if you’re serious about working with structural steel, SCNZ’s website is a great place to start.