SCNZ is pleased to be presenting a FREE
New Zealand wide breakfast seminar for Builders.
What every Builder should know about fabrication and the new fabrication and erection standard (AS/NZS 5131)
- Tauranga, Tuesday 17th July
- Hamilton, Wednesday 18th July
- Napier, Wednesday 25th July Cancelled
- Auckland, Friday 27th July
- Dunedin, Wednesday 15th August
- Christchurch, Thursday 16th August
- Palmerston North, Wednesday 22nd August FULL
- Wellington, Thursday 23rd August FULL
- How to comply with the new Steel Fabrication and Erection Standard AS/NZS 5131
- Benefits of using a SFC Certified Steel Fabricator
- Where cost savings can be made in steel fabrication
- Early subcontractor engagement delivers value to projects if a local fabricator brought on board early
- Why shop detailing is best done in-house by the fabricator
- A ‘walk through’ of structural steel fabrication workshop
- Decrease risk on your next building project
- Understand new Building Code requirements for steel construction
- Hear direct from steel industry experts
- Gain tips for your next structural steel building project
- Learn about steel fabrication and how steel fabricators can add value to your projects
- Network with industry peers
|NZIOB members who attend this event will receive 3 CPD credits.
Former manager for SCNZ, Alistair has specialist knowledge in the design of steel structures and has over 25 years’ structural engineering experience, including 15 years working for various New Zealand consulting engineering practices. He is a chartered professional engineer (CPEng), a member of the Institution of Professional Engineers NZ (MIPENZ) and a member of the Standards Australia BD-023 Committee: Structural Steel.
Wayne has been General Manager and a Director of D&H Steel Construction Ltd for 10 years. He has a wealth of knowledge with over 30 years in the steel industry. His broad range of experience covers steel framed housing, light commercial/industrial and prefinished framed wall panels and cladding systems for multi-storey construction; as well as product and market development of innovative steel construction systems.
Bob is Managing Director of Red Steel, a specialist structural steel company based in Hawkes Bay. A quantity surveyor by trade, Bob trained and worked for a national building company before moving to Hawkes Bay in 1994 to enter the structural steel industry. After a move to Tauranga in 1999 he returned in 2002 to purchase the company he had previously worked for.