Earlier in 2019, SCNZ and HERA held SFC Beginners Workshops CC2 that were designed to assist Steel Constructors on their journey to gaining SFC / AS/NZS 5131 certification to CC2. SCNZ received positive feedback from attendees and since we have several requests to repeat the workshop!
With the citation of the standard AS/NZS 5131 on the Building Code, project specifications now increasingly call for SFC certified steel constructors or equivalent. The Steel Fabricator Certification (SFC) scheme ensures compliance with AS/NZS 5131. AS/NZS 5131 includes a number of comprehensive quality requirements and references are also made to the welding standard AS/NZS 1554.1.
Steel constructors often require guidance in implementing all the requirements correctly. SCNZ and HERA jointly offer this new SFC for Beginners Workshop to meet this need.
We will be using examples of a fabrication shop and going through the implementation of the system step by step. At the end of the workshop we will assist you further by working with you to develop your own action plan on how you will achieve SFC to CC2 in your own business.
The one-day workshop will be facilitated by Robert Ryan from HERA, who has extensive experience working in fabrication.
Ø Friday 13th March 2020, Auckland - HERA House, 17-19 Gladding Place, Manukau City, Auckland.
- $350 plus GST for a single person from a business.
- $300 per person plus GST for two representatives from a business – total invoice will be $600 plus GST.
- $250 per person plus GST for three representatives from a business – total invoice will be $750 plus GST.
- Maximum limit of three representatives from a single business.
- Note costs cover attendance and catering – travels costs, parking costs, etc, are not covered.
Numbers will be limited, so attendance will be on a first in-first served basis.
To register, please click here.