Welcome to Steel Construction New Zealand Inc. (SCNZ).
Structural steel boasts many inherent features that make it an excellent construction solution:
- It is a resilient material with proven performance in harsh conditions such as earthquakes
- Thanks to its high strength-to-weight ratio, structural steel has the ability to span considerable spaces
- Because it is lightweight, foundations can be less substantial and therefore cheaper
- Off-site fabrication and ‘just-in-time’ deliveries aid tight construction programmes
- It is erected quickly in almost any weather conditions
- It can be easily modified in time to satisfy changing requirements.
Importantly, besides being a structurally versatile and adaptable material, New Zealand-fabricated steel offers a quality, precision, low-risk solution.
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about the many benefits structural steel has to offer when developing commercial building and infrastructure projects. Inside you’ll find a useful compendium of steel design and construction knowledge:
SCNZ fabricator member directory
Local fabrication sector capability and initiatives
Steel making and steel construction
Compliance guidance and Steel Fabricator Certification
Structural Steel Industry Snapshot
Design tools and resources
Procuring structural steel
"Christchurch The Steel City - A Blueprint for New Zealand" (film)
So if you’re serious about working with structural steel, SCNZ’s website is a great place to start.