|Product Type||Publication Title||Reference|
|Structural Steel||New Zealand Guide to the Sourcing of Compliant Structural Steels||Report No: SCNZ 111:2018|
|Guide to the Sourcing of Compliant Structural Steels||Fact Sheet FS4:2018|
|Evaluation of Product Conformity||Fact sheet FS2:2017|
|Basis for and Implications of key changes to 2016 Structural Steel Product Standards||Steel Advisor MAT1009|
|Structural Steel Product Standards 2016||Fact Sheet 2017|
|Conformity of Structural Steel Products and Structures||SESOC Journal – Vol 29 No. 2 September 2016|
|Structural fasteners||Practice Note on the Sourcing of Compliant High Strength Structural Bolts||Steel Advisor MAT1010|
|Anchor bolts||Practice Note on the Sourcing of Threaded Rod Used for Foundation Bolts||Steel Advisor MAT1011|
|FABRICATED STRUCTURAL STEELWORK|
|AS/NZS 5131: 2016 Fabrication and Erection of Steel Structures Standard||Fact sheet FS3:2018|
|New Zealand Structural Steelwork Specification in Compliance with AS/NZS 5131||Report No: SCNZ 112:2018|
|New Zealand Structural Steelwork Specification in Compliance with AS.NZS 5131: Key Elements to Manage the Quality of Fabricated Structural Steelwork||Steel Advisor FAB2001|
|Ensuring Compliance of Structural Steelwork – Regardless of Origin*||Steel Advisor QLT1001|
|Checklist for Imported Structural Steelwork**||Steel Advisor QLT1002|
|Steel Fabrication Certification for Specifiers||Brochure|
|Imported Fabricated Steelwork: Case 1 – Glass Barrier Bridge Truss||Case Study|
|Imported Fabricated Steelwork: Case 2 – Establishing the Traceability of Imported Steel||Case Study|
|Imported Fabricated Steelwork: Case 3 – Countdown Supermarket||Case Study|
|Imported Structural Steel Issues and Consideration||SESOC 2017 Conference Paper|
*Ensuring Compliance of Structural Steelwork
– Article is based on fabrication and erection to the requirements of NZS 3404.1:1997 and NZS 3404.1: 2009. These standards have been superseded by NZS 5131:2016.
– Discusses the use of alternative steel grades not recognized in NZS 3404.1:1997.
**Care is required in using this article for the following reasons:
1. The article is based on fabrication to the requirements of the superseded NZS 3404.1:1997 standard.
2. The material conformity requirements have been superseded by the guidance in the NZ Guide to the Sourcing of Compliant Structural Steels (Report No: SCNZ 111:2018).
The checklist requirements would be more suitable for the construction category 2 requirements of AS/NZS 5131.
Addresses the use of alternative grades of steel not recognised in NZS 3404:1997.
– SCNZ publications are available in hardcopy format by contacting SCNZ.
– Building consent authorities may have additional requirements to those presented in the publications listed in the Compliance Toolbox fact sheet. Check with the relevant consenting authority for further information.
If you still require assistance after reviewing the SCNZ Compliance Toolbox we recommend the following:
1. For general enquiries related to good practice sourcing or standards requirements, contact SCNZ directly.
2. For assistance with establishing the conformity of steel products or fabricated structural steelwork for a specific project, seek the assistance of an appropriate expert or conformance assessment body. This could include a metallurgist, material testing company or inspection company.