The SCNZ Apprentice of the Year, in association with industry training partner Competenz, celebrates excellence amongst apprentice fabricators and casts a spotlight on careers in the structural steel industry. The Award acknowledges people whose skills, drive, and willingness to learn and work hard has helped them to achieve outstanding outcomes; it recognises well-rounded apprentices who demonstrate not only talent in steel fabrication, but display traits important to the industry – commitment, innovation and agility.
- The winner will be presented with a trophy, certificate and $1,000 in prize money
- Take the opportunity to pit yourself against your peers and see how you measure up
- Gain recognition for your skills and commitment
- Foster confidence in yourself and your abilities
- Network with industry people
- be employed by an SCNZ Full Member at the time of judging
- have completed their apprenticeship in the period between 1st January 2019 and 30th June 2020.
- be available to attend the Awards Presentation and Dinner on 25th September 2020 in Queenstown.
(Please note: there is no age limit for this award)