Welcome to Steel Construction New Zealand Inc. (SCNZ).
Structural steel boasts many inherent features that make it an excellent construction solution:
– It is a resilient material with proven performance in harsh conditions such as earthquakes
– Thanks to its high strength-to-weight ratio structural steel has the ability to span considerable spaces
– Its ‘buildability’ allows a smooth transition from architectural concept to engineering design
– It can be erected quickly to meet tight construction programmes in almost any weather conditions
– It can be easily modified in time to satisfy changing requirements.
Importantly, besides being a structurally versatile and adaptable material, New Zealand-fabricated steel offers a quality, precision, low-risk solution.
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about the many benefits structural steel has to offer when engineering commercial building and infrastructure projects. Inside you’ll find a useful compendium of steel design and construction knowledge:
Design tools and resources
Design support service
Technical information (seismic engineering, vibration, thermal mass)
Structural Steel Industry Snapshot
Local fabricator sector capability and initiatives
Compliance guidelines and Steel Fabricator Certification
Procuring structural steels
Historical structural steelwork
Member directory and fabricator capability
“Christchurch The Steel City – A Blueprint for New Zealand” (film)
So if you’re serious about working with structural steel, SCNZ’s website is a great place to start.